Player Development Services
Life Skills Training & Group Coaching
Our group coaching program has two tracks. A 16-week life skills education program and a 10-week self-care and daily life planning program. Both programs are taught via our online learning management system.
Topics covered in our life skills education program include:
- Awareness Training
- Personal Development & Self Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence
- Decision Making
Topics Covered in our self-care and daily planning program include:
- Identifying Needs & Need Fulfillment
- Self-Care Techniques & Strategies
- Balancing Competing Demands
- Prioritization For Daily Planning
Athletes are given an online workbook with weekly assignments, accessed via google docs. Each assignment allows athletes to extend their learning into real-world practice.
Group Coaching Session Format:
One 45-minute video coaching session per week + online workbook with a weekly life skills training action plan following each session.
Total time commitment per week is 1.5-2 hours including the call and the workbook action plan
If you’d prefer an asynchronous webinar format, please schedule a call with us to discuss how we can customize our program to meet your needs.
Personal Performance Coaching
Individual coaching is customized to support the age, stage, needs, and current circumstances of each individual athlete’s life. It is best suited for athletes who feel a need to do their own personal work, at their own pace and who want to customize the content and direction of their coaching with their coach. It is not preformatted and is geared towards addressing an athlete’s area of highest need at the time.
Topics addressed by individual performance include:
- Identity development – who you are with and/or without your sport
- Personal development – clarifies your values as you learn to let them drive your choices
- Relationship management – learning what it takes for you to build relationships outside the preformatted structure of sports
- Emotional intelligence – learning to have a healthy relationship and collaborative partnership with your emotions
- Decision making – growing your ability to discern and know what’s actually best for you
- Self-Leadership – discovering what it means to lead and what it takes for you to be a leader for yourself first
- Injury recovery and integration – Athletic injuries impact more than our body and mind. They challenge our identity and what we believe we are capable of. In doing so, they often challenge us to redefine the way we see and know ourselves.
Personal Performance Coaching Format
55-minute coaching sessions 2-4 x per month for a commitment of six months at a time.
Who do Move Strong Mind® programs help?
Our player development programs help all athletes who find themselves:
- Facing a life transition or major life change
- Wondering about or preparing for what’s next
- Genuinely curious about their personal growth
- In need of help with their self-care, self-management, and self-direction
- Feeling lost when it comes to leading themselves in life
Move Strong Method helps athletes realize the truth that they are more than their athletic accomplishments. We train them to cultivate the life skills they need to face the game of life.
Coach Jen’s Experience
- M.A. Transpersonal Psychology, specialization in Creativity and Innovation, Sofia University, 2016
- Certified Professional Coach, Coach Training Institute 2007 (ICF Accredited Coach Training)
- Certified Personal Trainer, National Academy of Sports Medicine 1999
- Trained Health Rhythms Facilitator, Remo 2018
- Certified Franklin Method Pelvic Power Instructor, The Franklin Method 2018
- Reiki Master, Usui Shiki Ryoho Lineage 2008
When I’m not working, I love being a mom, dancing, writing, cooking new recipes and traveling with my family.