Player Development Services
Life Skills Education & Training
Topics covered in our life skills education program include:
- Awareness Training
- Personal Development & Self Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence
- Decision Making
Topics Covered in our self-care and daily planning program include:
- Identifying Needs & Need Fulfillment
- Self-Care Techniques & Strategies
- Balancing Competing Demands
- Prioritization For Daily Planning
Athletes are given an online workbook with weekly assignments, accessed via Google Docs, Word, or PDF – whichever format meets their needs.
We do recommend keeping the workbook online so students have easy access when listening to the week’s coursework. Each assignment allows athletes to extend their learning into real-world practice.
Virtual Coaching Format – Using the course dashboard, students have access to:
- One 15-25 minute video per week including unlimited access to slide presentations
- An online workbook, used during each session, to ensure an interactive experience and prepare students for the week’s accountability practice
- Weekly accountability practice that includes a dynamic action plan with varied exercises to support different learning styles and help students integrate the week’s topic and practices into their daily life
Our online learning management system ensures a seamless user experience from registration to completion while students have access to the program for 12 months from their start date. Run via Course Rebel, our programs adhere to required privacy standards and collect minimal data (only name, email, and time zone location) to insure the safety and privacy of all participants.
Personal Performance Coaching
Individual coaching is customized to support the age, stage, needs, and current circumstances of each individual athlete’s life.
It is best suited for athletes who feel a need to do their own personal work, at their own pace and who want to customize the content and direction of their coaching with their coach. It is not preformatted and is geared towards addressing an athlete’s area of highest need at the time.
Topics addressed by individual performance include:
- Identity development – who you are with and/or without your sport
- Personal development – clarifies your values as you learn to let them drive your choices
- Relationship management – learning what it takes for you to build relationships outside the preformatted structure of sports
- Emotional intelligence – learning to have a healthy relationship and collaborative partnership with your emotions
- Decision making – growing your ability to discern and know what’s actually best for you
- Self-Leadership – discovering what it means to lead and what it takes for you to be a leader for yourself first
- Injury recovery and integration – Athletic injuries impact more than our body and mind. They challenge our identity and what we believe we are capable of. In doing so, they often challenge us to redefine the way we see and know ourselves.
Personal Performance Coaching Format
55-minute coaching sessions 2-4 x per month for a commitment of six months at a time.
Who do Move Strong Mind® programs help?
Our player development programs help all athletes who find themselves:
- Facing a life transition or major life change
- Wondering about or preparing for what’s next
- Genuinely curious about their personal growth
- In need of help with their self-care, self-management, and self-direction
- Feeling lost when it comes to leading themselves in life
- Needing help with self-limiting or self-sabotaging behaviors
Move Strong Method helps athletes realize the truth that they are more than their athletic accomplishments. We train them to cultivate the life skills they need to face the game of life.
Coach Jen’s Experience
- M.A. Transpersonal Psychology, specialization in Creativity and Innovation, Sofia University, 2016
- Certified Professional Coach, Coach Training Institute 2007 (ICF Accredited Coach Training)
- Certified Personal Trainer, National Academy of Sports Medicine 1999
- Trained Health Rhythms Facilitator, Remo 2018
- Certified Franklin Method Pelvic Power Instructor, The Franklin Method 2018
- Reiki Master, Usui Shiki Ryoho Lineage 2008
When I’m not working, I love being a mom, dancing, writing, cooking new recipes and traveling with my family.